Making Reflections

In this course, reading logs were required to be done weekly and in doing this we analyzed articles from certain events in Pre Confederation Canada.  These reading logs, although somewhat difficult at first, really helped me get a good idea on how to make a proper interpretation of the articles.  They also helped in my assignments, such as the research paper, the document analysis, and even in other classes.

At first, making reflections on my readings and having to interpret documents was difficult.  I did not know how to put my thoughts into words I could use to express what I thought was happening in the articles.  It was a new and different kind of learning than what I was used to.

However, as more and more reading logs went by, it became easier to pick out what the article was trying to say and it became easier to make an analysis.  The seminars were helpful with this aspect because we were able to discuss the material and make an even more clear interpretation and reflection on the past, and in turn, the articles we were reading.